Austrian Airlines made this announcement:
- Entry into service of Austrian’s first A320neo with the name “Donau-Auen”
- New fleet member takes off on its maiden flight to London on 19 October
- Four A320neo will join the fleet by spring 2023 – bringing the red-white-red fleet to a total of 65 aircraft
- All new aircraft produce less CO2-emissions and noise
- Innovative cabin concept enhances travel comfort on short- and medium-haul routes
Austrian Airlines has officially welcomed its first Airbus A320neo with a “Servus A320neo” event in its hangar at Vienna Airport. A total of four Neo will be integrated into the fleet by spring 2023
increasing the red-white-red fleet from the current 61 to a total of 65 aircraft.
“The Austrian Team has bravely navigated the crisis over the past two and a half years and put the company back on track. The restructuring has been completed and the Austrian Team is “fit to fly” again. This summer, we successfully demonstrated our performance level. This was the basis for us to add factory-new aircraft to our fleet for the first time in more than 16 years and thus take an important growth step for our company and the Vienna hub,” says Austrian Airlines CEO Annette Mann.