On a Scoot Airbus A320 aircraft to Singapore, a passenger’s power bank overheated and caught fire. Video of the flight crew extinguishing the flames has since surfaced.
According to information from Flightradar24.com, the incident happened on January 10, 2023, while the Airbus A320neo plane was getting ready to take off from Taipei Taoyuan International Airport (TPE).
The aircraft, 9V-TNE, was scheduled to carry passengers on flight TR993 to Singapore Changi Airport (SIN), however as it was approaching the runway for takeoff, passengers alerted the cabin crew that a fire had started inside the aircraft.
A witness to the incident posted the video of flight attendants extinguishing the flames.
Minor finger burns were recorded by two travelers, according to The Straits Times.
The Taipei-based airline rescheduled the flight and agreed to pay for all impacted passengers’ hotel and incident-related expenses in a statement obtained by local media.