In celebration of the addition of 17 sun routes to its network this winter, WestJet celebrated today. For Canadians and towns throughout the airline’s network, the reinstated routes, which had been halted for more than two years, improve connection and travel possibilities.
Additionally, the airline today announced the reinstatement of domestic connectivity between Edmonton and Nanaimo, B.C., as well as the addition of additional six-times-weekly regional service on WestJet Link between Penticton, B.C., and Vancouver beginning on February 17, 2023.
Highlights from WestJet’s winter schedule release:
Sun and Leisure, Transborder and Transatlantic:
- Restart of 17 sun and leisure routes suspended since 2019
- 45 per cent increase to sun and leisure flights from winter 2021
- 60 per cent increase in transborder flights from winter 2021
- 25 per cent increase in transatlantic flights from winter 2021
WestJet’s investments in sun, transborder and leisure flying are growing across the country with:
- A 50% increase in flights from Central/Eastern Canada from winter 2021
- A 55% increase in flights from Western Canada from winter 2021
- 65 per cent increase in flights to/from Winnipeg (YWG) from winter 2021
- 50 per cent increase in flights to/from Edmonton (YEG) from winter 2021
- 35 per cent increase in flights to/from Vancouver (YVR) from winter 2021
- 30 per cent increase in flights to/from Calgary (YYC) from winter 2021
- 10 per cent increase in flights to/from Toronto (YYZ) from winter 2021